[En-Nut-Discussion] ICMP echo request response failure on ARP cache timeout

Michael Jones Michael.e.Jones at web.de
Thu Jun 4 21:01:20 CEST 2009

Hi Harald,

You wrote:

...Today fatal errors occur almost never. May be it's the right time to
change this weird NETBUF handling now...

I'm so with you on this...

Also, I want to point out that we use an extra thread for DHCP in our
systems. The current implementation does not handle DHCP in large
environments very well, does not cope with delayed network startup and does
not handle DNS and TimeServer updates via DHCP at all. Maybe we could build
an extendable Network thread that could have various aspects plugged into it
on demand? That would lower the overall "cost" of this thread.

Cu,
Michael