[En-Nut-Discussion] UART0 receive problem

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Thu Jun 11 14:16:49 CEST 2009

Prasad.Nagapati at infineon.com wrote:

> But I am getting random data, what could be the reason, do I need an
> inverter before connecting to the Rx of UART1?

Typically not, but could be. I'm not familiar with smart cards.

> Please help me regarding this. Sample code below

IMHO, this code is too complicated for testing. I recommend to remove
everything which is not related to the smart card sniffing. Remove all
the network stuff. Simply use DEV_DEBUG with stdio to output the data.

If you still get random data with minimalist code, then most likely the
problem is not caused by a bug in your application.