[En-Nut-Discussion] newLib integration

Nathan Moore nategoose at gmail.com
Sat Jun 20 18:05:53 CEST 2009

On Sat, Jun 20, 2009 at 7:10 AM, athomi at bluewin.ch <athomi at bluewin.ch>wrote:

>  Acctually newlib uses the variable
> "errno" as a global variable (see the already mentioned article about
> porting newlib) and this variable has to be
> "converted" into a (at least) task specific variable.

errno not being thread local makes it almost entirely useless for anything
at all.  I don't typically make use of it
in Nut, but if I did I'd have tried to move it to the thread structure and
turn errno into a macro that referenced that.
In most cases of errors I can't come up with a recovery strategy that errno
could be used for, so it's not that great
outside of testing or other instances where there's human interaction or a
log to report it to.

Nathan