[En-Nut-Discussion] Moving to Subversion

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Sun Mar 1 17:58:23 CET 2009

Marti Raudsepp wrote:

> May I suggest considering distributed version control systems before
> making that decision? Lots of open source projects are already
> migrating from Subversion to distributed systems; as far as I can tell
> it's only a matter of time when SVN meets the same fate as CVS.

Many thanks for this valuable entry.

This one may be of interest
http://www.diffen.com/difference/Git_(software)_vs_Mercurial_(software)

Naturally I prefer software written in C and always had been skeptical
about Python based tools. However, in this case I'm tending to favor
Mercurial as it seems to be less Linux-centric.