[En-Nut-Discussion] Dead Ethernut

Thiago A. Corrêa thiago.correa at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 14:03:55 CET 2009

Hi,

On Mon, Mar 2, 2009 at 9:03 AM,  <macsmaker at aol.com> wrote:
> If this is indeed what I have done, is the board repairable? avr-dude reports the fuses are okay. I'm pretty sure the power supply is okay. I did check the power supply fuse on the board, and it is okay. Also, I believe the clock is running on the processor, but I will check this again.
>
> I will check them per the information you provided.

As a rule of thumb, if you can read valid values from the board, then
both your MCU and your programmer should be Ok. It's possible that
only a peripheral of the chip could be damaged.

In your place, I would try to change the bootmon code just slightly to
toggle the working leds at points of it's initialization, to make sure
it's executing.
Perhaps someone else could think of an easier way?

Do you have an osciloscope? Could you probe the ethernet lines to see
if it's changing (atmega is trying to talk to realtek chip)?

Kind Regards,
   Thiago A. Correa