[En-Nut-Discussion] New displays, chained devices, best way or how to

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Thu Mar 5 12:35:21 CET 2009

Ole Reinhardt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> sorry for jumping into this discussion late so I'll probably answer
> older questions in this mail too.

You pressed the send button 10 minutes earlier than I did. Anyway, I
think both answers complement one another very well. :-)

May be I should explain the term widget in this context more clearly, as
its ambiguous.

For my understanding a widget is a frame (aka window) where all drawing
goes into. Applications always write into widgets. Widgets may overlap
each other, so the drawing primitives must know about the visible area
of the widget. All widgets have a point of origin, which is typically
not the screen's point of origin. Widgets may or may not have
coordinates based on the screen's pixels.