[En-Nut-Discussion] Watchdog AT91SAM7X

Ulrich Prinz uprinz2 at netscape.net
Sat Mar 7 14:15:16 CET 2009

Hi Jason!

Im am new to this list, so I might have missed something. But I feel
like it's difficult to help you without seeing any line of code.

For the Watchdog there are only two pieces of code needed. One routine
setting it up to the desired timeout value and enabling it.
Second routine is only a shortcut to retrigger it right in time for the
overlaying software. Call it a macro (like WDT in AVR code).

Often I see code that disables a watchdog also assembled as a function.
For my feeling that is very destructive as this anables a crashed
software to execute this function on error what is exactly what noone
will ever like to see. But it could exist in a macro then it is only
compiled into the code if one really needs and calls it.

Regards,
Ulrich