[En-Nut-Discussion] Nut/OS 4.8

Thiago A. Corrêa thiago.correa at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 18:02:14 CET 2009

Hi,

On Mon, Mar 9, 2009 at 8:12 AM, Harald Kipp <harald.kipp at egnite.de> wrote:
>  Make sure there is _no_ folder named nut in the current directory
>  cvs -z3 -d:ext:yourname at ethernut.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/ethernut
> co -r nut-4_8-branch -P nut
>  mv nut nut-4_8
>  cd nut-4_8
>  ./reconf
>  automake --add-missing
>  ./reconf
>  ./configure
>  make
>  make distcheck
>
> The release 4.8.0 is still a so called "release candidate", on which we
> have to run more tests. It will be available for download within a few
> hours.

It doesn't work for me under Gentoo, because of the lua check I
mentioned a while ago.

But I think I found a way to fix the nutconfigure compile under
gentoo, by using pkg-config. Is it still time to include in 4.8? Or
better wait for inclusion on 4.9?

I have removed all the lua checks in favor of PKG_CHECK_MODULES see [1].
The only drawback is that pkg-config needs to be installed, but I
think it is in most (all?) since many packages depend on it. The nice
thing about PKG_CHECK is that it can check versions, and it even adds
check for pkg-config itself.

I only had to touch configure.ac and tools/nutconf/Makefile.am

This gets me nutconfigure built, but nutconf didn't find wxWidgets
headers, even after ./configure having found them. So I guess the next
step would be replace wxWidgets detection with PKG_CHECK_MODULE too.

Thanks,
   Thiago A. Correa