[En-Nut-Discussion] Nut/OS 4.8

Ole Reinhardt ole.reinhardt at embedded-it.de
Mon Mar 9 18:42:05 CET 2009

Hi,

> But I think I found a way to fix the nutconfigure compile under
> gentoo, by using pkg-config. Is it still time to include in 4.8? Or
> better wait for inclusion on 4.9?
>
> I have removed all the lua checks in favor of PKG_CHECK_MODULES see [1].
> The only drawback is that pkg-config needs to be installed, but I
> think it is in most (all?) since many packages depend on it. The nice
> thing about PKG_CHECK is that it can check versions, and it even adds
> check for pkg-config itself.

We shoudl definately use pkg-config if it's not yet done. I'm no
autotools guru, but it should be possible to add these dependencies in
configure.ac. I'm mostly working with the anjuta IDE, it generates such
configure.ac for me automaticaly. If there is any need I could try to
generate a new set of makefile.am / configure.ac...

But I don't know how well these Makefiles would work on windows.

Bye,

Ole

| Embedded-IT          Hard- und Softwarelösungen             |
| Ole Reinhardt        Tel. / Fax:        +49 (0)271  7420433 |
| Luisenstraße 29      Mobil:             +49 (0)177  7420433 |
| 57076 Siegen         eMail:    ole.reinhardt at embedded-it.de |
| Germany              Web:         http://www.embedded-it.de |
|                      UstID / VAT:       DE198944716         |