[En-Nut-Discussion] IMPORTANT: Migrating to Subversion

Thiago A. Corrêa thiago.correa at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 18:56:02 CET 2009

Hi,

On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 12:34 PM, Harald Kipp <harald.kipp at egnite.de> wrote:
> duane ellis wrote:
>
>> Ethernut is hosted on SF... just put in  a request and they will do this
>> for you using 'cvs2svn' - it will all happen automatically.
>
> Cool. I added request #2679278.
>

>From their reply to the ticket, looks like they don't do that anymore.
They have just pointed to the documentation.

I was able to run cvs2svn with:

cvs2svn --dumpfile=svndump --encoding=ascii --encoding=cp037
--encoding=cp852 --encoding=cp1250 --encoding=cp1251 .

Then I used svndumpfilter to remove */CVSROOT from the svndump

The extra enconding options were necessary because of non-english
characters somewhere in the code, probably umlaut or acentuated
characters in ppls name like mine :)
The resulting dump file is here if you want:

http://69.60.115.224/svndump.bz2