[En-Nut-Discussion] [En-Nut-Announce] IMPORTANT: Migrating to Subversion

James Cloos cloos at jhcloos.com
Tue Mar 10 23:07:38 CET 2009

|> While having some experience with Subversion, I have no idea how
|> to move our repository without losing the history. Any hints will
|> be most welcome.

Sourceforge at least used to have the ability to auto-migrate CVS
projects to SVN.  There should be an option for that in the admin
section of the project.

A numer of projects successfully used it back when sf first added
subversion support.

Once that is done, it looks like you can use 'svn mv' to move things
around in the repo to the proposed hierarchy, using the URL -> URL
version as described in 'svn help mv'.

-JimC