[En-Nut-Discussion] GCC optimizations

Thiago A. Corrêa thiago.correa at gmail.com
Sun Mar 15 18:54:33 CET 2009

Hi,

On Fri, Mar 13, 2009 at 4:19 PM, Coleman Brumley <cbrumley at polarsoft.biz> wrote:
> I'm just curious if anyone has run into issues using YAGARTO and various
> optimization flags for GCC?  I have a very strange issue that could be
> attributed to optimization, but I wanted to check to see if anyone else has
> encountered any problems with their code.

I think the backend is responsible for most optimizations, so this
could really be arm specific. What strange behavior are you seeing?

> I'm using gcc v4.2.2 and binutils 2.18 in YAGARTO.

Same here, but for AVR32. Works ok *most* of the time. Since AVR32
toolchain is quite new, it has quite a number of bugs still. Of
course, they are quite AVR32 specific. Sometimes I even get internal
compiler errors, but they go away after a retry.

Kind regards,
   Thiago A. Correa