[En-Nut-Discussion] area 'data' not large enough

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Wed Mar 25 10:13:28 CET 2009

Hello Jeff,

Jeff Kenny wrote:

> However I can't start downloading simple programs until I can replace
> the Basemon program.
> I'm using the ICCAVR 7.16A ADV compiler, an Ethernut 2.1 board,
> Ethernut-4.6.4 O/S and supplied sample programs.

Basemon is somewhat special and may not always work for all AVR
environments. egnite ships the boards preloaded with a GCC compiled
binary, which is not the latest one.

If you need a binary for board testing, you can download it from
http://www.ethernut.de/en/hardware/enut2/
Basemon doesn't require special configuration. The binaries will work on
all AVR boards.

Anyway, we do compile Basemon with the ImageCraft compiler before
creating a new release, but this is done in a script, using the command
line compiler. This should normally work, but not sure if the resulting
binary will run properly on all boards.

For you own application development it doesn't make much sense to use
code from Basemon sources.