[En-Nut-Discussion] Ethernut 2.1 power consumption

Benoit Smeysters smeystersb at hotmail.com
Wed May 13 14:25:13 CEST 2009

Hello,
At present I use Ethernut1.3h board and I projet to buy Ethernut2.1.
I want to compare the two board and I read http://www.ethernut.de/en/hardware.html
As I cant see, Ethernut2.1 require a 400mA power supply instead 150mA for Ethernut1.3.
I can read : "The penality for all these enhancements is an increased power consumption and heat dissipation, mainly caused by the fast Ethernet interface."
For reduce this consumption, can I force the speed of the Ethernet controler at 10Mbps ?
Thank in advance
Benoît Smeysters