[En-Nut-Discussion] Problem regarding the Timer API

Prasad.Nagapati at infineon.com Prasad.Nagapati at infineon.com
Fri May 29 10:32:25 CEST 2009

Hi All,

I have one question regarding the Timers.

I want to use the timer in my application, there is certain condition
however.

An event is triggered (say UART) and I want to start the timer for this
event. But I don't know how much time it will take for the processing
that event. Once the processing is done I will get another trigger (from
UART) and I want to stop the timer. And I want to calculate the time
taken for the processing of this event.

Hence if I use any API's say NutTimerStart <group__xgTimer.html>  I have
to give the time in milliseconds but I don't know it in advance. Also if
I use NutTimerStartTicks <group__xgTimer.html>  again I have to give the
ticks in advance.
Please suggest me which API's I can use, if not how I should use the
timer for this particular case.

Thanks in advance
Prasad H N