[En-Nut-Discussion] Ethernut 3 Ethernet not working

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Fri Nov 13 15:13:31 CET 2009

Hi Martin,

ml wrote:

> There are only 2 (Description from harald was 4 in the 4.40 version of nut,
> but 2 are set) .
> It must be 3 or more because the timing with 2 is so critical that
> tolerances of the chips and
> oszillator may add so bad that the write command to the nic failed.
>
> After changing this my boards works reliable.

I feel guilty:

http://ethernut.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/ethernut/trunk/nut/arch/arm/init/crtat91_rom.S

My assumption is, that I wanted to unify the wait states used in
different setups (crt.S, bootloader). Obviously I did this in a very
casual way, without too much testing or verifying the timings in the
datasheet. I'm most sorry that you and probably others wasted their time
to locate the troublemaker.

Many thanks for reporting this.