[En-Nut-Discussion] Nut OS reliable on AT91SAM7X Evaluation Board?

Thiago A. Corrêa thiago.correa at gmail.com
Tue Nov 17 19:47:42 CET 2009

Hi,

On Tue, Nov 17, 2009 at 4:33 PM, Ulrich Prinz <uprinz2 at netscape.net> wrote:
>>> I'd like to implement PDC/DMA for the network and the SPI channels.
>> This can be done, the SPI seem to have a long list of errata associated with the PDC, though.
>>
> Yes, I saw it and I don't like it :) But what should I do, I'd like to
> get out optimal performance and why carrying bytes by hand if these is
> an automated way for the background.

I saw a similar question on the Linux mailing list. It was more like,
which driver one was supposed to use, and their answer as to use the
gpio driver, as the atmel spi driver never worked reliabily.

>> What was the reason for not having Thumb code in Nut/OS?
>
> I never thought about that and I wasn't in the project at the time where
> these decision was made. So you have to ask Harald for that.

I believe that has been asked before. Looks like parts of the lib
could be compiled with Thumb, and the user code could also be thumb.
But I don't use ARM, so I know very little about that.

Kind Regards,
    Thiago A. Correa