[En-Nut-Discussion] Problem with DHCP

Ulrich Prinz uprinz2 at netscape.net
Wed Oct 14 15:45:17 CEST 2009

Hi!

I am using some Nut/OS based systems that need to work in different
networks with DHCP. Some of them are moved several times a week into
totally different networks.
Every time the DHCP reassign of the saved address fails, as the network
is a different one, the device hangs inside the dhcp routines.

A quick hack was to erase the saved address from the network settings.
Therefore I use a button that is checked on power-up and if it is
pressed the saved dhcp settings are erased. But that should not be the
solution. AFAIK the process fails at the point, where the DHCP get a
NACK from the dhcp server after trying to get the saved address reassigned.

Did someone already change that procedure and can provide some modified
code?

Best regards, Ulrich