[En-Nut-Discussion] Problem with DHCP

Ulrich Prinz uprinz2 at netscape.net
Thu Oct 15 22:40:44 CEST 2009

Hi!

Thanks, for beeing active in that area. I discovered, that the DHCP is
not the Problem in the latest EIR software. It simply dies cause the
system dies elswhere.

But there are different problems in the DHCP system. I try to resume
from my mind...

I had a system configured for a class B network by dhcp. It got an
address like 10.201.49.129/255.255.0.0
Then I plugged it into the voip network and did not get a new address.
It tried for hours before I got back to the system and checked it's ip.

To solve the problem quickly I simply used a second setup that never got
an ip as it was used for another project. It was configured by dhcp
without a problem.

Then we needed several systems in a network and all of them that never
where set up by dhcp where working, from the others only the ones, that
already had an address from that network. None of them could be
connected to another network again. So I implemented a quick hack as
these systems ha buttons and a display. So I added a menu point for
reflashing the netconf sector to 0xFF. After rebooting it starts and
uses dhcp without a problem.

I hope, that these information may help you. If you have any things to
test, just pass the code over and I try it.

Best regards, Ulrich