[En-Nut-Discussion] [Fwd: Ethernet transformer for RTL8019AS]

Bernd Walter enut at cicely.de
Tue Oct 20 10:52:33 CEST 2009

On Mon, Oct 19, 2009 at 08:35:12PM +0100, Piotr Szlachta wrote:
> Herald,
>
> Realtek will work with any Ethernet 1:1 transformer.
> Can you consider reworking PCB for SMT trafo?
> Most popular are like this one
>
> Pulse H1260

The RTL8019AS won't use a 1:1 transformer.
It is something like 1:1,41 or so.
That's also the reason why you can't connect the RTL directly to
a switch.
With 1:1 you can just use coupling capacitors for onboard connections.

There had been many transformers on the market when NE2000 cards
had been popular.
Compatible transformers also had been used in many 10MBit/s Hubs
at this time.

A few compaible (also Pinwise) that comes to mind are:
YCL 20F001N
LANKom LF-161C
GROUP-TEK BTF-22
GTS FC-22

But I don't know if any of them is still on the market.
I've had a more complete list, but can't find it right now.
I stopped searching myself and just sourced Bothhand from Egnite.

--
B.Walter <bernd at bwct.de> http://www.bwct.de