[En-Nut-Discussion] Measuring idle time

José Vallet jose.vallet at hut.fi
Mon Oct 26 15:54:06 CET 2009

Hello all.

We are debugging one application in Ethernut3, and we want to measure
the time that the micro spends doing some tasks. For that we are setting
different pins up and down and measuring times with the oscilloscope.

To measure the idle time we are setting up one of the pins during the
execution of the idle thread. I am sure that many people have been
thinking about/doing this, so I wonder if NutOS provides some kind of
debug option or mechanism to do this already.

Regards
José