[En-Nut-Discussion] Need help on Makefiles

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Wed Sep 9 10:33:33 CEST 2009

Ulrich Prinz wrote:
> I did a quick integration of openocd into the Makefiles to use "make
> burn" with that tool and an openocd-usb dongle too.
>
> But my script is fixed to a CPU and the user has to modify script if he
> as another CPU than my SAM7X256.
>
> How can I find out the CPU type in the Makefile so I can select the
> right script?

No chance. By accident avrdude still supports the same symbolic names,
that are used by the compiler for the target CPU. Although this is not
documented. Thus, in most cases this works on the AVR platform out of
the box.

In general you need to edit Makeburn because of the interface and
possibly other options, like verify etc. You can also create your own
Makeburn files, the Configurator will detect them automatically.

Just in case: Do not overload the Configurator with items, that are not
Nut/OS specific. Creating an app tree or selecting Makeburn should be
viewed as temporary features. They are just there, because we have no
alternative and to get newbies up and running easily.