[En-Nut-Discussion] Nut/OS Developers and other statistics

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Wed Sep 9 11:39:34 CEST 2009

Hi all,

Currently 22 developers do have write access to the source code. This
list need to be cleaned up, which I'd like to do now. AFAIK, the
following contributors are not subscribers to this list, which is an
indication, that they are no longer actively developing Nut/OS:

Matthias Dyer
Philipp Blum
Urs Zurbuchen
Michal Olejniczak
Erik Lins
Alessandro Zummo
Oliver Schulz
David Armstrong

If anyone, who is on this list, is still interested in contributing,
please let me know. Otherwise I'll remove these entries.

If anyone, who currently has write access, is no longer interested,
please let me know as well.

More statistics:

No, we do not have any reliable and long term user or download figures.

On ethernut.de we typically have more than 600 downloads per month of
version 4.8.3. I cannot find the SourceForge statistics anymore, but I
assume that they are significantly lower.

As far as we can tell, there are at least 10,000 nodes running Nut/OS
world wide, probably much more. Btw. due to the ICMP bug, you can easily
recognize them using ping. ;-)

We currently have 594 subscribers on this list. Some are duplicate
entries of the same person.

ethernut.de has about 13,000 unique visitors/month. Many of them are
robots (Nearly 100% of our email are spam). 48.3% (36,000 hits) used
Firefox, MSIE is at 34.6% and Safari at 6.7%. Windows 82.4%, Linux 10.1%
and Mac 4.3% (figures of September).

28.5% of all hits in September came via search engines and the top key
phrases were ethernut and nutos.