[En-Nut-Discussion] Nut/OS Developers and other statistics

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Wed Sep 9 17:16:00 CEST 2009

Harald Kipp wrote:

> As far as we can tell, there are at least 10,000 nodes running Nut/OS
> world wide, probably much more. Btw. due to the ICMP bug, you can easily
> recognize them using ping. ;-)

I was told by our sales, that we actually sold more than 15,000 boards.
A large number had been used for development only. The figure given
above was based on known products, like the Dutch Kerkwebradio or a very
large installation of one of our direct customers. The more I think
about it, the more the number grows. Our sales figure is the only one,
that's reliable, at least for me.

I updated the entry accordingly and added a few more hardware vendors.

There are more in China, where someone also published this book
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51D5W9R8spL._AA500_.jpg
Unfortunately I cannot read Chinese.