[En-Nut-Discussion] Boot from AT45 Flash

Ole Reinhardt ole.reinhardt at embedded-it.de
Wed Sep 16 14:28:44 CEST 2009

Hi Gilles,

> > I currently use an 9260 Olimex board and use SAMBA to load in RAM and test
> > it.
> >
> > I want to boot from the Flash device AT45DB161 connect thru SPI (PC11 is CS)
>
> Flash animations are available at
> http://www.ethernut.de/en/documents/sam-web-radio.html
>
> They've been done for Atmel's AT91SAM9260-EK with SAM-BA 2.4, but should
> work for the Olimex board and the latest SAM-BA versions.

It might be an idea to use u-boot as a primary bootloader. You can
easily burn u-boot into the dataflash and there will be still enough
space to have your NutOS program there too. Using u-boot gives you the
great advantage to be able to update your software quite easily through
different protocols (TFTP, x/y-modem, ...) and you even could write
different ethernut programs into your dataflash and select the code to
run during boot time.

It's a little more complicated than just burning a single NutOS via
SAM-BA into the flash.

If you need more support just ask me in a private mail.

Regards,

Ole Reinhardt

| Embedded-IT                                                 |
| Ole Reinhardt        Tel. / Fax:        +49 (0)271  7420433 |
| Luisenstraße 29      Mobil:             +49 (0)177  7420433 |
| 57076 Siegen         eMail:    ole.reinhardt at embedded-it.de |
| Germany              Web:         http://www.embedded-it.de |