[En-Nut-Discussion] Any Encryption available for Nut/OS?

Bernd Walter enut at cicely.de
Mon Sep 28 10:30:49 CEST 2009

On Sun, Sep 27, 2009 at 06:01:44PM +0200, Andras Szemzo wrote:
> Hi
> Xyssl can run on sam7x with ethernut, some porting work is needed.

Sounds very interesting.

> About a year ago i succesfully run a https client demo with these setup.

What key length did you use?
A while back I've heared rumors that the controller could take minutes
for the asymetric encryption used to establish a connection and that
small key lengths have to be used to work around.
Since SAM7XC only has hardware support for symetric cryptography it
can only help for the data transfer itself.
But I always had doubts about that rumours, because SSL establishing
time with FreeBSD on AT91RM9200 is quite decent.
The RM92000 is much faster of course, but not that much to explain
requiring minutes on the X256.

B.Walter <bernd at bwct.de> http://www.bwct.de