[En-Nut-Discussion] Using Olimex SAM9-L9260

Bernd Walter enut at cicely.de
Tue Apr 20 23:49:55 CEST 2010

On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 09:24:12AM -0300, Paulo Silva(OpenSoftware) wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I run ethernut in this board 2 years ago, for a customer project, and we
> have problemas with the init code, but unfortunatelly I do not exactly
> remenber anymore what happened.My customer sad that the problem was with
> the pll frequency, maybe is was set wrong.

Sounds as something to verify.
I have no experience with the SAM9260, but with the RM9200.
When I ported FreeBSD to my board there were a few things to care about.
One of them was that the RM9200 supported different xtals.
The PLL setup code either needs to know the xtal or measure it with the
32kHz slow clock.
System code needs to know the frequencies as well, since all IO components
are clocked from derived frequencies.
I remember it for sure because I had a 16MHz xtal and with the first tests
I'd used a 10MHz board setup which gave me 60% overclocking, which
worked amazing stable, but UART bps was 60% bigger as well, so I couldn't
see anything usefull...

--
B.Walter <bernd at bwct.de> http://www.bwct.de