[En-Nut-Discussion] Netiquette (was: Set Idle Heartbeat on entry and reset on leave of idle function)

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Fri Apr 30 12:14:45 CEST 2010

Hi,

On 29.04.2010 20:46, Ulrich Prinz wrote:

> Seems, that you're really lost, and I assume you're a Padawan Apprentice
> not a Jedi...
>
> Can you please keep the Netiquette and stop replying to posts which do
> not have anything to do with your topic.

Uwe used the wrong thread, which confused Lost Jedi. And Ulrich missed
the quoting rules. IMHO, all three posters would benefit from looking into

http://linux.sgms-centre.com/misc/netiquette.php

:-)

"When starting a new thread don't just reply to a message sent by
someone else and clear the subject line..."

"DO NOT TOP-POST and DO trim your replies..."

Btw., there are tons of Netiquette rules in the Internet and many of
them are like old fish, stinking and useless. In fact there are just two
simple rules to follow:

1. Spend as much time as possible on your post.
2. Try to save as much time as possible for your readers.