[En-Nut-Discussion] How to make "Ethernut Device registration" more save??

Thiago A. Corrêa thiago.correa at gmail.com
Thu Aug 12 17:51:30 CEST 2010

Hi,

On Thu, Aug 12, 2010 at 11:19 AM, Dominik Schröder
<dominik.schroeder at bh-informativ.de> wrote:

> My problem is, when I disconnect the Ethernet cable and then put on the
> system, the hole system seems to hang of. I don`t get any debug prompts on
> UART. After some time my external Watchdog forces the system to reset and so
> on and so on...
>
> If the system starts with an connected Ethernet cable, everything works
> fine.
>
> Is there anybody how knows an solution for this?

I belive that's a known issue. During the EMAC initialization,
ethernut does the link speed negotioation and doesn't return until
it's complete.

To fix this issue, we need to rewrite the initialization of the
EMAC/Phy in the network driver. I'm not aware of a work around at the
moment.

Kind Regards,
    Thiago A. Correa