[En-Nut-Discussion] driver for RX8564LC RTC

Dominik Schröder dominik.schroeder at bh-informativ.de
Tue Aug 31 13:41:38 CEST 2010

Hello

I try to implement a driver for the RX8564LC RTC chip. The hole
functionality seems to be the same as the RTC chip pcf8563. Here are the
steps I have done until now:

1.       I copied the pcf8563.c/.h files and renamed them.

2.       Then I changed the registers according to the RX8564LC chip.

3.       I added my RC8564.c file in the makefile under
\ethernut-4.9.6\nut\dev

4.       I have successfully recompiled the complete system.

Now I tried to register the RTC device in my application like this:

.

.

.

#define RTC_CHIP rtcRX8564LC

.

.

.

/* Register and query hardware RTC, if available. */

    printf("Registering RTC hardware...");

    if (NutRegisterRtc(&RTC_CHIP)) {

        puts("failed");

    } else {

        u_long rtc_stat;

        NutRtcGetStatus(&rtc_stat);

        if (rtc_stat & RTC_STATUS_PF) {

            puts("power failure");

        }

        else {

            puts("OK");

        }

    }

(This is from the NUT example caltime)

.

.

.

But I can`t compile my application. I get the following error:
main.c:(.text+0x680): undefined reference to `rtcRX8564LC'.

I think there is one step missing to “connect” the new RTC driver to NUT/OS.

Thanks for every help!

Best regards

Dominik Schröder