[En-Nut-Discussion] New feature added to Nut/OS (SVN)

Remi Bilodeau remi.bilodeau at gmail.com
Fri Dec 17 01:02:21 CET 2010

Hello,

I added some good feature to Nut/OS. I do my best to not insert bug and make
sure all is OK. I have compiled for ARM and AVR (code sourcery, WinARM and
WinAVR), and tested code on real MCU (SAM7S64 and 256)

Feature list:

-EABI binary format support for ARM. Use Nutconf in Tool->GCC binary format
to choose binary format. (old arm-elf or newest arm-node-eabi) Tested with
Code Sourcery and WinARM.

-Serial bootloader support for SAM7S64 and SAM7S256, use NutConfin Tool->GCC
linker script and choose at91sam7s64_bootrom or at91sam7s256_bootrom. I have
uploaded my bootloader code and binary in Nut/Tools/XLoader7, you can select
DBGU, UART0 or UART1 and choose baudrate. Press enter within 1 second after
boot-up to enter bootloader, upload with XMODEM-CRC, XMODEM-1k or YMODEM.
(autodetected) Bootload use first 2k of flash, start-up code remap SRAM to
0x00000000 for interrupt vector.

-Fixed some bug keeping to compile SAM7S64 MCU without error.

-Added PWMC irq handler support for all SAM7S, SE and X.

-Added API support for Watchdog for all SAM7S, SE and X. You must enable
watchdog in NutConf, if you set value to 0, use NutWatchdogStart(millisec,
0) if don't want 16 second timeout. Use NutWatchdogRestart() to restart. You
can configure watchdog only one time, in NutConf or with NutWatchdogStart.

I think all is allright, feel free to ask for question or info.

Rémi Bilodeau