[En-Nut-Discussion] Code size to large for one flash bank

Andre Riesberg andre at riesberg-net.de
Mon Dec 27 10:37:13 CET 2010

Hello all!

The codes size of my application grows and exceeds the limit of 262144
bytes.
Now I got the message from OpenOCD:
"Warn: writing 262144 bytes only – as image section is 270228 bytes and
bank is only 262144 bytes."
I use a board like the EIR with ARM7TMI and the Turtelizer2 with the
command line: "C:\ethernut-4.8.3\nut\tools\win32\openocd.exe -f
interface\turtelizer2.cfg -f eir.cfg".

So, I have two questions:

How I have to modify the config scripts to support the second flash bank?

It is possible to force some functions (module) into thump mode to save
space? I have seen thump-interwork is enabled in NutOS. Is there
something like __attribute__((thump)) for functions?

Greeting
André