[En-Nut-Discussion] Nut/OS upgrade

Andre Riesberg andre at riesberg-net.de
Wed Dec 29 07:51:51 CET 2010

Wiktor schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> I have a basic problem.
>
> I have new Ethernut 3.1d. I succesfully compiled new Nut/OS-4.8.8. Jtag is
> connected to the board.
>
> How do I proceed?
>
> Greatings
> Wiktor

Hello Wiktor,

first try to compile one of the sample apps from the ethnernut..\nut\app
folder.
If it compiling is successful (there must be a *.bin and a *.hex file),
you must upload you program to the board.
Connect a terminal program to the serial debug port to the messages from
the program.

If you have a Turtelizer2 you can use the "Connnect Ethernut 3.X" from
the start menu. This starts OpenOCD with the correct settings.
Open a telnet connection to OpenOCD with "telnet 127.0.0.1 4444".
Type in "nut flash program.bin" and then "reset".

If you type "nut help" you get some help. Read the OpenOCD manual for
more information’s.

Have fun!

Greetings
André