[En-Nut-Discussion] SD card perf issue on EIR

uprinz2 at netscape.net uprinz2 at netscape.net
Mon Feb 8 14:02:50 CET 2010

Hi Mathieu,

I didn't do anything with SD on my EIR so far. So I never checked for
proper configuration of that part. But I know that Nut/OS is using a
combination of hardware and software interfacing on the SPI bus. So, while
using interrupt driven SPI, the chipselects are done by GPIO. There is a
two-step improvement possible for that.
First speed-up is possible by exchanging every NutGpioCfg() by its
appropriate direct access outr(GPIO_xy, value).
Second it is possible to configure the SPI interface to directly drive the
chipselects by hardware. For that some real deep changes have to be
implemented. Additionally one has to respect some problematic
constellations given by the chips errata sheet.

In general SD-Access should be done with DMA/PDC and then there are another
one or two erratas to be obeyed.

I am not sure if I am actually the only one experimenting with the EIR in
this list ( besides Harald). This is the first support request on EIR since
the few month I have the device. But I am actually busy with the http
frontend of it. SD was on my list for a later date.

Best regards, Ulrich