[En-Nut-Discussion] Improvement for faster mounting of large SD cards

Thiago A. Corrêa thiago.correa at gmail.com
Sat Jan 16 20:17:35 CET 2010

Hi,

On Sat, Jan 16, 2010 at 2:52 PM, Malte Marwedel
<m.marwedel at onlinehome.de> wrote:
> Hello,
> I am using a 4GB SD card together with Nut/OS. Unfortunately, mounting a
> volume took several minutes. So I looked into the source and found, that
[snip]

> cluster size: 4K:
>   original code: 217 sec
>   optimized code: 29 sec

I haven't used PHAT so far, but there is a nice recent discussion on
the AVR32 Standalone forum at avrfreaks.net:
http://www.avrfreaks.net/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&p=653754&highlight=#653754

Apparently, the filesystem can give you a hint on where it's likely to
find a free cluster. Might be worth taking a look.

Kind Regards,
    Thiago A. Correa