[En-Nut-Discussion] SAM7S128 UART0 / UART1 problem

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Sat Jul 3 11:33:15 CEST 2010

On 02.07.2010 23:03, Tamas Szabo wrote:

> I've a small app based on uart example, which works great on debug
> serial port. However I unable to do it on uart0 or uart1.
>
> I thought that I just change DEV_DEBUG to DEV_UART0 - but seems to be
> not that easy.

No, it isn't. You further need to replace DEV_DEBUG_NAME by DEV_UART0_NAME.

The names are unique for each real device. On AVR, USART0 is used for
standard debug output. Thus, DEV_DEBUG_NAME and DEV_UART0_NAME are equal.

On AT91 boards DBGU is used for standard debug output, which is not the
same as USART0. Thus, DEV_DEBUG_NAME and DEV_UART0_NAME are different.
There is one exception: Ethernut 3 doesn't have a DBGU device and, like
AVR, uses USART0 instead.