[En-Nut-Discussion] AT91SAM7 PPP

SZABO Tamas sza2king at freemail.hu
Thu Jul 8 15:54:24 CEST 2010

Hi All,

Do anyone have a working PPP exampe for a SAM7 device?

I plan to establish a GPRS connection (two lines, RX/TX only) with phone (currently, later on by a SIM508 module).

First I tried modified the pppc demo, but without success. As far as I know devAhdlc1/uart1 is the available device for this purpose. But there is no activitiy on uart1. Debug messages say:

PPP Client Sample - Nut/OS 4.9.9.0 - unknown
Open uart...done
Connecting...no connect, reason = 3
Connecting...

Next, I tried on devUsartAt911/uart1. With this method, chatscript executed normally, everithing seems ok, until CONNECT received, but then silence on the TX line (maybe due to the simple uart instead of hdlc driver). The phone sends a few tens of binary data for a short time (about 10 times with a ~3 sec timeout. The result:

PPP Client Sample - Nut/OS 4.9.9.0 - unknown
Open uart...done
Connecting...done
Configure PPP...failed
Connecting...no connect, reason = 3
Connecting...no connect, reason = 3
Connecting...

Otherwise the phone act like a standard GPRS modem (Nokia 6120C), and works fine with the same chatscript on my linux.

Is there any idea or sample to start from?

Thx,

/sza2