[En-Nut-Discussion] ZG2100

Thiago A. Corrêa thiago.correa at gmail.com
Sat Jun 12 00:22:27 CEST 2010

Hi,

On Fri, Jun 11, 2010 at 4:00 PM, Ulrich Prinz <uprinz2 at netscape.net> wrote:
> So if the code is GPL, it could be integrated into the gorp tree.
> On the other hand if there is a code and a datasheet we could integrate
> it BSD style and more closely to our rules.

In my humble opinion, to most of us, a GPL driver wouldn't be very usefull.
It looks like they started to do some documentation on the chip's
registers and protocol. If it were developed further, then we could
use the such documentation to write one. Unfortunally, like all other
wifi vendors, they don't seem to be willing to release information
without NDA's or licenses that will only allow it to run on Microchip
controlers.

Att.
    Thiago A. Correa