[En-Nut-Discussion] ZG2100

Ulrich Prinz uprinz2 at netscape.net
Sat Jun 12 17:22:07 CEST 2010

Hi John,

thanks for the link. Didn't know that before.

Am 12.06.2010 00:53, schrieb John E:
> I did a quick google search, and found this;
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_open_source_wireless_drivers#FreeBSD_2
>
> I could be mistaken, and the drivers in question may have a closed-source
> blob in the middle.
> But if BSD licensed open drivers are available - then could they be adopted
> into Ethernut?

Without checking the link first, I can answer 'yes, but...'.

Nut/OS is a powerfull system for _small_ embedded CPUs. So if the WLAN
module is capable of handling complex encryption itself, the driver
around can be adopted. If not, some CPUs may have to be excluded from
the driver or special variants have to be choosen, like SAM7XC instead
of SAM7X. These are not available anywhere.

Regards, Ulrich