[En-Nut-Discussion] using SPI Controller of AT91SAM7X

Ulrich Prinz uprinz2 at netscape.net
Fri Mar 12 22:21:35 CET 2010

Hi Dominik,

Am 12.03.2010 07:35, schrieb Dominik Schröder:
> Hi Ulrich
>
> Sound good, I`m currently using two OLEDs. One with the SSD1303
> controller (working with TWI) and one with the SSD1329 controller.
> Unfortunately it`s not possible to connect this controller via TWI.
> It only has a SPI interface. But I think the drivers for the
> displays are similar in most ways.

I wonder that the SSD1303 is capable of TWI... I only know that it works
fine with SPI up to 4MHz speed. Or you meant it the other way round.
The drivers for 1303 and 1325 look like beeing the same, but they are
totally different if you look in detail:

> I only want to display some basic information about the device (IP
> address, MAC address, working mode...). So most time it only will be
> text. Currently I don`t have much experience in adding some new
> drivers to NutOs. But I think it is a good aim to learn it...

Ok, I wrote a long text here... and then I remembered that I wrote this
text for several times now... In this mailing list, in other forums and
and and.

So I decided to move it to the wiki. It's not nice, it's not finished,
but it is a beginning.

So my answer to this mail can be read here:
http://www.ethernut.de/nutwiki/How_to_implement_a_character_display_API

And sorry Harald, I moved your first start to another topic as it wasn't
graphical enough for me :)

Best regards
Ulrich