[En-Nut-Discussion] Connecting Ethernut 1.3 with ATMega32 via UART

Hanrun Hu jimmy_hanrun at yahoo.de
Sun Mar 14 19:27:15 CET 2010

Thank you for your answer and tips.

A look at the datasheets of ATmega32 and ATmega128, which is actually the microcontroller used in Ethernut 1.3, tells me that both operates at a voltage of 4.5 - 5-5V. So, under these circumstances, can I directly connect the RxD of one chip to the TxD of the other chip and vice versa?

And one more question:
ATmega128 has two UARTs: PE0 + PE1, and PD2 + PD3.
Are PE0 + PE1 uart0? Is uart0 the UART, which is already used by Ethernut for the RS232-Port for the communication with the PC? And if I want to use uart1, so PD2 + PD3, how do I tell this NutRegisterDevice()?

Best regards, Hanrun