[En-Nut-Discussion] Support for NXP LPC24XX

Ulrich Prinz uprinz2 at netscape.net
Sat Mar 20 22:49:35 CET 2010

Ok, before I do a branch for that, some questions about the modus operandi:

The 4.8.3 is a bit older than our trunk. So with Pedros patches we need
to find out the changes and reintegrate into the 4.9.x trunk.

My idea is the following:
1) Pedro sends me his 4.8.4 including everything.
2) I do a branch of the 4.8.4 and a merge against Pedros updates.
3) I commit the changes into the branch.
4) Pedro and anyone who has an LPC board checks, reports and provides
patches into the branch
5) We can merge the branch into the trunk.

For me, this is the easiest way to stream in a new class of CPUs without
bringing the trunk into troublesome water.

Step 2) and 3) can be connected, so we have two branches. But if I
checkin Pedros software directly into a new branch, it will stay there
as a side-by-side system. Everything is copied new into the SVN, it is
not a diff-able version of the Nut/OS. So one has to do the job and
merge. If someone likes to do that, who has an LPC24xx, I'd ask if he
can do the job. I only have some chips, but no PCB to solder them on.

Best regards, Ulrich