[En-Nut-Discussion] C++ support on Nut/OS ?

Lost Jedi lostjedi32 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 23 11:51:04 CET 2010

> On Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 01:48:08AM
> -0700, Lost Jedi wrote:
> > My apologies if the earlier post was vague.
> >
> > Let me be more specific :
> > What is the process of adding a library to the Nut/OS
> framework? For example, something like the libxml++ library
> (http://libxmlplusplus.sourceforge.net)?
>
> It should be possible if you have a beafy system with large
> memory,
> but on such systems you can also run any kind of UNIX.
> C++ itself isn't a problem, but STL is already a very big
> thing
> and libxml++ uses it a lot.
>
> If you just want to parse some XML you can also use
> pro/uxml.h.
> It has a very small footprint.

TBH our hardware will be designed around the software footprint, so mem requirements are flexible. I did have a look at uXML to see if it could be an option, however our app uses the DOM parser which uXML doesnt have.

The query though is *how to add* the library to Nut/OS?
Also going with the earlier query, the default nutcpp lib seems to have very limited c++ support. How do I add the gnu c++ lib to Nut/OS to include full C++ functionality?

Any help would be most appreciated! Thanks again!