[En-Nut-Discussion] C++ support on Nut/OS ?

Ole Reinhardt ole.reinhardt at embedded-it.de
Tue Mar 23 12:42:42 CET 2010

Hello!

> TBH our hardware will be designed around the software footprint, so mem
>  requirements are flexible. I did have a look at uXML to see if it
>  could be an option, however our app uses the DOM parser which uXML
>  doesnt have.

So even if I can't tell you much about c++ in detail you should be able
to cross compile your library and it's dependencies. You then just would
need to pass the library and include search path to the compile in your
Makefile using -L/path/to/my/lib and -I/path/to/the/header-files

But again the question:

Are you shure NutOS is the right system for your project? What kind of
Hardware would you like to use? You should think about at least an arm9
with some MB of ram and flash, if you plan to include a full flegged c++
environment. In this case you might run better using Linux on your
device. If you plan to use a smaller CPU (ARM7 EX) you could still think
about µCLinux. Both provide a very large range of ready to use
libraries. For shure libxml++ is available too.

If you need any help in this direction feel free to contact me.

Bye,

Ole Reinhardt

--

Thermotemp GmbH, Embedded-IT

Embedded Hard-/ Software and Open Source Development,
Integration and Consulting

Geschäftsstelle Siegen - Steinstraße 67 - D-57072 Siegen -
tel +49 (0)271 5513597, +49 (0)271-73681 - fax +49 (0)271 736 97

Hauptsitz - Hademarscher Weg 7 - 13503 Berlin
Tel +49 (0)30 4315205 - Fax +49 (0)30 43665002
Geschäftsführer: Jörg Friedrichs, Ole Reinhardt
Handelsregister Berlin Charlottenburg HRB 45978 UstID DE 156329280