[En-Nut-Discussion] License for images

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Sat May 8 11:21:21 CEST 2010

Hi José,

On 07.05.2010 14:02, José Vallet wrote:

> I was wondering about the license of the images from the Ethernut
> projects and from the egnite web pages. In particular the squirrel, the
> tree and the pictures of the boards. ¿Can we use them? ¿Any special
> conditions? They will be used for decorating a web page of an open
> source project related to NutOS

You're right, the legals page is incomplete.

AFAIK, using logos in a "fair way" is generally permitted.
http://fairuse.stanford.edu/

As an official statement from egnite, who currently holds the copyright
and trademarks: You are allowed to use the logos when referring to the
Ethernut project or egnite products.

To avoid confusion, please keep in mind, that the logos are associated
to specific products:

Tree - Nut/OS Software
Squirrel - Ethernut Hardware
Bird - Other tools like Turtelizer

Regarding other images:

Feel free to use all images published on egnite.de, which show products
produced by egnite.

Feel free to use all images published on ethernut.de, except those
published on
http://www.ethernut.de/en/community/appliances.html