[En-Nut-Discussion] using Ethernut with an external Oscillator

Dominik Schröder dominik.schroeder at bh-informativ.de
Wed May 26 11:26:30 CEST 2010

Hello

I am using Ethernut in an At91SAM7xEK board based device. At the moment the
application works fine with the typical Crystal Connection.

In case of better reliability I want to connect an external Oscillator to
the “XIN” pin. Regarding to that the datasheet says:

“Main Oscillator Bypass: The user can input a clock on the device instead of
connecting a crystal. In this case, the user has to provide the external
clock signal on the XIN pin. The input characteristics of the XIN pin under
these conditions are given in the product electrical characteristics
section. The programmer has to be sure to set the OSCBYPASS bit to 1 and the
MOSCEN bit to 0 in the Main OSC register (CKGR_MOR) for the external clock
to operate properly.”

But I don`t know, what`s the best way to change the regarding register.

I post this question sometimes ago, but I didn`t have a working result until
now.

So can anybody help me with that easy thing!? J

Best regards

Dominik Schröder