[En-Nut-Discussion] detecting an unplugged network cable

Ulrich Prinz uprinz2 at netscape.net
Mon Nov 8 12:16:26 CET 2010

Hi!

The driver itself detects that fact and does not start ethernet. To not
get blocked by DHCP you should run DHCP as a thread. The httpd example
is not a good reference or that, I think.
I am actually reworkign that part... The new PHY driver can give you
the information if the cable is connected. But it can take a while for
AutoNegotiation to link up and you have to wait that time until the
system times out....

Nope, the best way is to start network an DHCP in a thread. Anything
else doesn't work.

Best Regards
Ulrich