[En-Nut-Discussion] EIR pin multiplexing.

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Tue Nov 16 09:53:34 CET 2010

Hi Samkelo,

On 15.11.2010 16:23, samkelo tyatyantsi wrote:
> I'm trying to use USART1 hardware handshake lines, RTS1 and CTS1, but
> these pins are used by the SDRAM as SDA10 and SDCKE respectively. Is
> there a way to use those pins for both functions without causing
> trouble to the board.

I think that there is no chance to make use of these pins without losing
SDRAM contents.

Never tested it myself with the EIR, but in general Nut/OS supports
RTS/CTS handshaking emulation with any GPIO pin. You need to define
UART1_RTS_BIT, UART1_RTS_PIO_ID, UART1_CTS_BIT and UART1_CTS_PIO_ID in
the Configurator and rebuild the libraries to enable this function.