[En-Nut-Discussion] Ajax on ethernut

Curtis Maloney cmaloney at cardgate.net
Wed Nov 17 00:27:08 CET 2010

On 11/17/10 05:53, Joerg Wiegelmann wrote:
> Hey folks,
> does anyone have any experience with ajax webfrontends on ethernut. Is
> there a recommandation for a softwarepackage?

The most common form of "AJAX" -- using XMLHttpRequest in JavaScript --
is transparent to the server:  the server sees it as a normal HTTP request.

In such a case, the server needs _no_ special support for AJAX.

Next most common is long polling (of which Comet is an example, I
believe) which, again, places no special needs on the server.

The reason AJAX is so powerful is just that -- it's leveraging existing
HTTP, and doesn't require anything special from the server.

--
Curtis Maloney