[En-Nut-Discussion] Ajax on ethernut

Ulrich Prinz uprinz2 at netscape.net
Fri Nov 19 14:11:53 CET 2010

Hi!

It is always an idea to attach simple to use and cheap external storage, to serve high volumes of data. You get several megabytes of FLASH in a serial NAND or NOR Flash chip for the price of only one SD-Card holder, not to mention the card itself. The use of axternal flashes is supported by Nut/OS and the flash file system is available too.
As Nut/OS supports FTP you can easily compile your application code including an FTP and flash it to CPU FLASH. Then you upload the server content to the serial-flash.
On AT91 an other powerfull CPUs SPI serves up to 25Mbit an more. Using PDC you can transfer the content from the SPI flash directly to the TCP queue without many CPU interventions. In the code you just need to handle the html tokens for AJAX/CGI.

Best Regards
Ulrich